As of Sunday, May 24, 2015, I am an Uptown girl. It is one of Chicago’s many small neighborhoods north of the downtown area (where I used to live) and it is right next to Lake Michigan.
The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind, everything happened so quickly but it’s all very exciting because I, for the first time, live alone in my very own studio apartment. During my move and the past couple of days, here’s what I have learned and realized so far:
- I have way too much stuff…okay I already knew that…
- In a tiny studio apartment, organization is key
- I hate not having a dishwasher
- I should have asked if there was AC
- I don’t have a peephole in my front door
- It’s weird not having a TV/Cable/Internet (yet), but it’s kind of nice at the same time — CDs and DVDs are really making a come back at my place right meow
- I love saying “MY” apartment
- Sometimes kitchen cupboards/drawers are like flowers, they are just there to look pretty
- If I want a hot shower, it’s a quick shower
- I am so glad to have my full size, non-lofted bed back
- 300 square feet isn’t so bad
- I live wonderfully close to the lake and it makes for a great walking/running experience
- A shopping cart you can take home with you is an excellent purchase
- I get way more steps on my Fitbit now that I commute to work and school
- I am much more conscious of my electricity use
- It’s going to take a while before I get completely organized and decorated
- I feel like such an adult, I should blog about this.
And so I will!
Look out for small apartment tips, on the train stories, adulting adventures and more.
Have a lovely Wednesday!