Today’s word: Irksome [urk-suh m] (adj.)
According to Wiktionary it originates from the Old English word weorcsum (“painful, hurtful”).
Other forms: irk, irksomely (adv.), irksomeness (n)
Spanish translation: irritante, fastidioso
And now a list of things that I find quite irksome:
- When the lid of the toilet or the seat itself is left up.
- When people blatantly liter.
- Flyaway hairs
- Wet socks
- Canker sores
- Donald Trump
- When people overshare on social media
- Alarm clocks
- When people say “I seen it” instead of “I saw it”
- CONSTANT phone users
- People who cut you off while driving