What a week. It has been a very difficult time, but we cannot lose hope! Remember to do the things that make you happy or make you feel at peace. I understand there are certain issues, especially right now, that won’t go away overnight, but you must think of your present self. Soothe every part of your being; mentally, physically, spiritually and socially . Here are a few things I like to do to keep myself sane:
- Walk on the sunny side of the street. The vitamin D will do you all sorts of good! http://www.self.com/story/sunlight-benefits
- Remember that you are a winner…In the very beginning of your days, you were the one that won the race. You are here on purpose.
- Scream. My friends and I find scream therapy very helpful. Scream into a pillow if that’s all you can do, but there’s something about just letting it out. Just don’t scare your neighbors.
- Sing. In the shower, in the car, while cooking, while walking down the street, in front of an audience at your local karaoke bar…sing, like nobody’s there but you.
- Listen to music that reminds you of a good day. The beauty of sense memory. Everyone has a song that they associate to a happy memory, here is mine from Europe.
- Run, Dance, Exercise. Endorphins are wonderful, the only addiction you need.
- Stretch, do yoga. Try not to think, just focus on your body.
- Read or watch a movie. Put yourself in a different world. We must always face reality but it’s okay to take a small vacation from it.
- Write. Put your thoughts on paper. Read them back. Discover how the weight of your problems change over time.
- Blog. Put your thoughts out there for the world, within reason 🙂 Ask for feedback if you feel like you want it.
- Call your mom or your best friend.
- Breathe. In through your nose, out through your mouth.
- Be in the present. Nothing matters except for right now. Just be, for a while. Recognize the natural beauty of our planet.