Twenty-one days doesn’t guarantee the make or break of a habit, it takes a lot of effort to keep at it during the twenty-one days and beyond. And apparently the “21 day myth” was a disproved theory and a habit is actually better formed after sixty-six days. I believe twenty-one days will still test my ability to commit to something, and really push myself to do more or less of certain things. This is all a part of my plan to become the ultimate me. Some of these things aren’t necessarily habits I plan to keep either, like 21 days without makeup for example, this is just to test myself and learn from the experience.
Twenty-one is also just a much more interesting number, than say…thirty, there are so many 30 day challenges, and then sixty-six, that is just too long, for tracking purposes anyway…I’m going to track (publicly on twitter @kellitynan) for twenty-one days and, for the challenges like 21 days of working out, I hope that I have it in me to continue to sixty-six. Two days ago, I hit my 66 day mark for recording my food intake on MyFitnessPal! I am confident, for a lot of these challenges, I can do this!
My first challenge is to reach my Fitbit goal of 10,000 steps a day, every day for 21 days. Today is Day 3.
Future Challenges might include:
- 21 days of working out
- 21 days of french practice
- 21 days of guitar practice
- 21 days of wearing my hair in different ways
- 21 days of meeting someone new
- 21 days of film watching
- 21 days of Lynda videos
- 21 days of learning something new and blogging about it
- 21 days of keeping my room clean
- 21 days of poems
- 21 days without sweets
- 21 days without alcohol
- 21 days without makeup
- 21 days of learning new songs to sing
- 21 days of cooking new meals
- 21 days of waking up at 6:00 a.m.
- 21 days without watching TV shows
- 21 days of reading a newspaper
- 21 days of vocabulary enrichment
- 21 days of not pressing snooze
- 21 days of portrait drawing
- 21 days of making my bed
- 21 days of Yoga
And the list could go on but I’ll start with these and keep you updated!